It’s the middle of August already (how is that possible?) which means there’s only about one full month of summer left. Just enough time to get out and take advantage of the warm weather with friends. At Liquid I.V. we tend to spend our weekends in search of new adventures, and Southern California is packed with options. Hitting the beach is top on our list of quality ways to spend the weekend with friends during the glorious days of summer. This summer has been no different…
In honor of the final days of summer, we’ve put together a list of the essential items we like to pack when we hit the beach.
1. Backpack for the rest of the items on this list. Preferably one that can store all of your stuff and look cool at the same time. What if it could charge your phone too? Our friends over at Birkun make super rad backpacks with waterproof solar panels on them that are perfect for charging your phone while at the beach.
2. Sunscreen. Being tan is out of style. Protecting your skin against harmful UV rays is truly the cool thing to do these days. Get with the times and take care of your skin by lathering up.
3. Portable speaker. Nothing gets the beach party started quite like some bumpin’ music. Our friends over at Boombotix make the loudest portable speaker you can find. Their powerful little speakers conveniently clip onto your backpack for tunes on the go. As the legend himself once said, “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.” – Bob Marley
4. Sunglasses. Preferably polarized. Protecting your eyes against the sun is simply a smart idea. Plus shades can be a good look when paired well with your outfit. Choose wisely.
5. Snacks. It’s a good idea to bring something to munch on throughout the day so you don’t turn into the hangry monster. Maybe some cheese and crackers? What you snack on is your business, but fruit is a great healthy option that will give you natural energy throughout the day. Apples are both delicious and easy to throw in your backpack or cooler.
6. Some sort of ball that involves hand-eye coordination and physical activity: Volleyball, football, soccer ball, spike ball… you get the picture. It’s amazing how many hours of fun are guaranteed around something so simple.
7. Surfboard and wetsuit (depending on how cold the water is). This one is a bit specialized and obviously not just something you throw in the ol’ backpack. But if the waves are decent, a board of some sort can turn any ordinary beach day into one for the ages.
8. Beach Towel. Don’t need to go crazy here and break the bank. Anything to keep your feet from burning in the hot sand and dry yourself off after a dip in the ocean will do. Keep it simple.
9. Cooler with ice and drinking water (okay, maybe it’s not that surprising). Having a cooler filled with ice cold refreshments is a game changer. This is highly recommended for beach days when you expect to be out there for the long haul. Be sure to stock it up with plenty of ice and drinking water. No one has a stronger cooler game than Yeti.
10. Reusable water bottle. This is a pro move and surefire way to remind yourself to hydrate throughout the day. At Liquid I.V., we are passionate about fueling life’s adventures – we are also passionate about cutting down on unnecessary waste. We have all committed to using reusable water bottles to limit the amount of plastic waste we consume. Check out our Summer Bundle to get yourself one of our awesome Reusable LIV Bottles.
11. A warm layer for when things cool down. A light sweater or jacket is always a good idea when heading to the beach. The wind is unpredictable and the beach can often be colder than expected.
12. And last, but most certainly not least, Liquid I.V. Hydration Multiplier (You didn’t think we were going to leave this one off, did you?). It’s easy to get dehydrated when you are out at the beach under the hot sun. And there’s nothing worse than having to cut your beach day short from a nasty headache. Adding our Hydration Multiplier to your water will quickly help your body replace lost electrolytes and fluid so you can enjoy the beach. Liquid I.V.’s Cellular Transport Technology (CTT) contains a specific ratio of ingredients that delivers hydration to your bloodstream faster and more efficiently than water alone. So don’t worry if you forget to drink as much water as you’re supposed to because 1 Liquid I.V. can provide the same hydration (aka water absorption) as drinking 2-3 bottles of water.